Friday 15 March 2013

Coins Encapsulation

My coins collection had started from the year 1950 and since then , I used to preserve the coins without coming in contact with water and dust. A noticeable thrust in the direction of the collection of coins was the period when I was selected for a Management Course in Sweden during the year 1978  wherein 22 participants from various developing countries were to participate. I utilised  this unique opportunity and took with me Indian Coins - old and new in 15 sets for exchange. It worked . I got coins from Africa ,Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Cyprus, Turkey, Philiphines ,Srilanka,Thailand  etc . 

During the year 2011, I have decided to encapsulate the coins in Acrylic Sheets and seal the coins from dust and water. I am herewith organizing the coins , country wise for the benefit of viewers. Some of these coins  are rare dating back to the 1940-50's .  On the right side , I have printed the country's map and also the National Flag representing that country for the knowledge of the viewers.

 
Africa                                               
Argentina_Brazil_Peru                       
Euro Member Countries                              
India                                                    
Italy
UK                                                 
USA_Canada

50 states of USA Commemorative Coins
Coins in Acrylic Media
Coin Utilities

50 States of USA

Also see

Numismatist's Vision

Cooking with Fun   
 


The coins collection journey has spread over 60 years and I do hope the readers and numismatists are enjoying this work. I shall appreciate with humility and sincerity any suggestions for improving these blogs on coins wealth.  

Rangarajan Bangalore  12.03.2013 







2 comments:

  1. I have seen this collection, very nice.
    the most interesting is that the way they are arranged and indexed. That makes it more intuitive to watch them over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Labhesh
    I am glad that you have gone through the coin collection blog. I have introduced coins Encapsulation covering all the countries. I have kept this in mind that , if a person is in USA , he/she would like to go through USA coins first and if satisfied , he will go through other countries which he/she visited. One of my guides by name Vaish , has suggested a good way of linking the work to make the viewing a pleasure and educative. The blogs are all linked at some stage or other , so that a person can walk through all my work with a little extra thinking and extra time. Thanks a lot . With best wishes . Rangarajan Bangalore 18.03.2013 10:00 am

    ReplyDelete